When creating a Form, you start on the top left side of the ‘Forms’ using the ‘Create New Form’ button. In the next screen, you can create a new Form by filling in some fields.
Name for the Form. It will be shown as the title when somebody visits the Form.
This is also where you create the URL, the result is the web address where the Form can be found. This URL can not be changed afterwards.
Here you can explain what you are using this Form for. This will be shown when somebody visits the Form.
- With fixed amount payments, payers must pay the exact amount specified above.
- With flexible payments, the amount specified will be the minimum amount that can be paid (can be set to zero).
- With a products only Form, the payer will pay only for the products selected.
- With a fundraising amount, users will be able to choose one of the options specified below with one click. Users will still be able to introduce a value of their choice if they don't like any of the given values. Minimum donation amount is €1,-.
- When selecting without payment, your Form will not have a payment option. You can for instance use this for cases when you'd like members to sign up for events or other questionnaires.
By selecting the 'Limit the number of submissions' option, you can set a maximum number of submissions for this Form. When this number is reached, the Form will no longer be usable for new submissions.
This step allows you to personalise your Form.
First off, you can set a 'Thank you message'. This is the message that's shown to somebody that just used your Form and submitted a response and/or payment. When leaving this empty, the default message will be displayed.
You can also set a cover background, this gives you the option to select a background for your form. You can choose one of the following 3 options:
- Custom Colour, this lets you use the colour picker to set your own colour
- Image, this allows you to upload an image to use as the background.
5. Custom Fields
With custom fields, you can add extra fields to your Form. There are several types of custom fields to choose from:
- Acceptance, requests users the agreement to your question (e.g. agree with your marketing email Terms & Conditions). If this field is required users won't be able to continue unless they agree.
- Checkboxes, allows users to select one or more options from a list. You must add at least 2 options.
- Date, allows users to choose a date.
- Text, allows users to write their own answer.
- Long Text, allows users to write their own answer in multiple lines.
- Product, users will be able to select a number of products to purchase (maximum 100) and the purchase amounts will be added to the total.
- Selection menu, allows users to select a single option from a dropdown. You must add at least 2 options.
After creating the Form, you can activate it. Once activated, anyone that has received the Form can use it to submit a response.
You can now share the link, go to the ‘How do I share a Form?’